The Mormon Channel

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Facebook

One of the great blessings of modern technology is the rapid pace by which we are able to receive information.  It always tends to be that when we become aware of some sort of exciting news or event or what not, the first thing we want to do is...

POST IT ON FACEBOOK!!!!

For example, I would DEFINITELY post the fact that the 49ers beat the Seahawks to begin the regular season of the NFL, because that is some bodaciously fantabulous news!!!


Whenever we watch a great movie, or see a funny youtube video, or we've read a good book or heard a new song on the radio the we really like or something, we have a desire to share it.  We want others to experience what we have experienced.  We joy in giving our friends or family something to enjoy.

We don't want to keep it to ourselves.

That is every reason why I am serving a mission.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am so indebted to Him for literally saving me from hell and misery time after time.  I know that His Gospel is real, and that it is meant to be given to all of God's children.  I have seen Him work in my life, and I know that He truly is "mighty to save."  I can't deny that which I know to be true, and I have a love for the people that I've been able to serve with here in Southern Illinois, or Western Kentucky, or Middle Tennessee.  I want them to find what I have in the Restored Gospel.

When Christ visited the America's, after His first and marvelous sermon, He told His disciples:


"Therefore, go forth unto this people, and declare the words which I have spoken, unto the ends of the earth. (3 Nephi 11:41)"

I am so privileged to share this incredible message.  Coming out for 2 years of my life and putting everything aside as far as education or work or family is the least that I can do for my Savior and what He's done in my life.

Watch this video of other missionaries who dedicate their lives for a season to the Lord.


"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (Matthew 28:19)"

No comments:

Post a Comment