The Mormon Channel

Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11

It was the early morning over on the West Coast, and I had gotten up a little early to do some 7th grade homework I hadn't done the night before.  I was writing a journal on the history of football when I walked out to the living room and my mother told me that the World Trade Center had been attacked and destroyed in New York City.


I had no idea what this meant, or really the impact that it would have, but I was scared.  Especially since I live near a large city like San Francisco I knew that it was very possible that the West Coast might receive some sort of attack.  Needless to say, it is the most tragic attack that I've been a witness of in my lifetime.

It has been 10 years since that fatefull day.  I soon came to realize that while these times are dangerous and unpredictable, there is no need to allow fear to take over our lives.  When we have fear, we have no faith.

Watch this video of Victor Guzman, a 9/11 survivor.


"It's faith that really takes the courage. The belief in things unseen." ~Jaquelyn Mitchard

No comments:

Post a Comment