The Mormon Channel

Monday, November 28, 2011

Balancing Our Lives

Today is my last day as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


For the past 24 months I have dedicated my life to the Savior.  Though I wish I could wear this name-badge for the rest of my life, I need to go home to my family.


I love this work.  I know it's real.  I know it's true.  I know it is the literal work of the Master, Jesus Christ.  These past two years are the only time in my life that I can dedicate my entire life to the work of the Lord.  In my next chapter of life, I will need to learn how to balance my life with the Gospel, my studies in school, my future family, my career, whatever community I may be a part of, so on and so forth.

In Isaiah, we read:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord... my ways [are] higher than your ways... (Isaiah 55:8-9)."

If the Lord wanted me to serve a full-time mission for 80 years and not have to worry about bills or taxes or raising a family and what not, He would have made a way for it to happen.  But in His higher wisdom, I will have to prioritize and balance my life according to what matters most.


In closing, I feel as the Apostle felt when writing his final epistle to Timothy:

"...the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (2 Timothy 4:6-7)"

No comments:

Post a Comment