The Mormon Channel

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Lesson on Nails and Individual Worth

The other day, Elder Price and I helped a family get their roofing replaced!


It was a hard project to get all of the roofing off the roof and what not, but it was fun!  As we were getting all of the roofing off the ground around the house, I began to notice that there were nails strewn about everywhere!


As I began picking them up, I began to think:


I have to pick all of these nails up one by one.  There are a whole bunch to find, but I have to find them one at a time.

As I kept picking these nails up off the ground, I realized that's the way our Savior labors.  He suffered for all of us, but He did so on an individual basis.  Through Him our Father in Heaven created cosmos and galaxies and worlds and planets beyond number (see Hebrews 1:1-2).  Through the vastness of the eternities, His most important work is us.  He knows His sheep, and He goes out to gather the one.


"Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf


"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39)"

No comments:

Post a Comment