The Mormon Channel

Friday, January 20, 2012

Where Can I Turn For Peace?

There are times in our lives where we lose ourselves.


There are times when we doubt, when we lose hope.


There are times when we become discouraged, where life may seem impossible and going nowhere.


 In the dull of life, when life seems colorless, dreary and dark, Christ brings the life and the light of the world into our souls.


I need Jesus Christ in my life.  I am as Alma the Younger and the Sons of Mosiah were, the  "vilest of sinners" (Mosiah 28:4).  I don't deserve the love which Christ has given to me, but what he has given me is a gift, something which all the currency of the world cannot purchase.  He has given us the gift of the Atonement, which can turn our lives around, give us strength, and eventually bring us back into His presence.  Though it is freely given to all, it is up to us to accept this gift.


In my hour of need, the words to this familiar hymn came to mind as a constant reminder that the best way to find peace is through the Prince of Peace.

 Where Can I turn for peace,
Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole.
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart, searching my soul
Where, when my aching grows,
Where when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand
He, only One.

No comments:

Post a Comment